We are experiencing a recession. No, there is no recession. We hear both statements â€“ and other similar things â€“ from everyone. One camp says things are fine. The other camp says that things couldnâ€™t be worse. I guess it does not really matter what people say. What matters is what you are experiencing and if you are like many other small business owners, you just might be experiencing lean times.
If so, what is the best route to take? What is the best thing that you can do for your business during this time?
I am sure that you will get a wide variety of answers to this question but this is what I can tell you: The best thing that you can do for your business in times like these is to try and make it better!
You might want to expand but you might not have the funds to do so. You might want to give up but the potential is still looming over the horizon. In the meantime, while you wait for things to get better, you should utilize your time and improve what you can with what you have!
So how do you do this? Try following these simple steps:
1. Determine the areas for improvement.
2. Determine which areas you can actually afford to improve given your circumstances.
3. Set specific goals which are realizable.
4. Identify measurable ways by which you can monitor your progress.
5. Seek help â€“ find people who can help you achieve your goals.
Hereâ€™s to a better business!
Originally posted on November 22, 2008 @ 2:41 am